Friday 16 September 2011

Well that was interesting!!!

So yesterday was the first of my injections.  Apparently the latest drug being fed to me is Gonal F at 70iu does.  I hadn't really been nervous about going yesterday, but for some reason around 12 I started to get quite stressed about it.  I'm not scared of/worried by needles, in the slightest, but I'll be honest - when I saw the drug pack sitting on the table it did cross my mind that I didn't think I could do all of this.

It didn't last long though, and as soon as the nurse started showing me what to do to make up the solution, filling the syringe and changing the needles I was totally ok about it.  Mixing it up looks ok (I was worried it'd be complicated) and it wasn't even sore when she put the needle in.  When she injected the drugs though, jeez did that sting like a biatch!!!!!

I'd thought I had a scan to have yesterday, but when I got there I didn't have so that was a nice surprise.  For some reason when I think I don't have a scan to have I get one, and when I think I have one I don't!!!  Still, I won't complain at as little scans as possible!

I was given a goody bag to take home with me before we left.  Hubby said it wasn't fair that he didn't get one, but when I said he could have mine if he took the drugs he soon changed his mind :-)  My little bag basically has all the things I need in it to self-inject.  It comes with two practice drug packs to allow me to practice making up the solution and injecting it into a piece of fruit - because that'll be anything like injecting it into my own tummy I don't think! I'll try and add a picture of it if I can work out how!!



As it stands now, I've just taken my last clomid tablet tonight (5 in total) and I've had the first of three Gonal F injections.  I have my next injection here as I have to go to a different hospital tomorrow to have my second injection as the FC is closed at the weekend and you take your own drugs, this also means that instead of just doing the third injection myself I have to go and do it with the nurse watching to make sure I can do it ok on Monday morning.  If we need another cycle though I'll be able to inject all of them myself, which will save a lot of running around to the hospital every couple of days.

I seem to be lucky so far and I've not had too much in the way of symptoms from the drugs so far.  I've been trying to keep busy so that I don't start that old favorite pass time of all LTTTCers - symptom spotting!!! lol  Here's hoping the lack of side effects continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment