Saturday 18 August 2012

Ah dildo-cam, we meet again!!!


So today was finally the day of our baseline scan to check everything was as it should be and ready to start stimming.  I was a bit worried we’d be late as hubby was nightshift last night, but thankfully he made it home in time and even managed to get changed before we headed back to the hospital.  They weren’t even running too late, which is a novelty, and we were soon shouted through by the nurse.  We went to the scan rooms, and she left me to get ready and then go through to the room where there were two nurses and a Dr – just as well I have no qualms about getting my kit off then – and by the looks of it the Dr was just learning to do the scan as she couldn’t find one of my ovaries and the nurse got it straight away.  They checked both ovaries and the right had no follicles on it and the left had one small one which was fine, and the lining was nice and thin too.  The nurse was really good and turned the screen to us so she could point out exactly where the lining was and showed my the follicle on my ovary, which although I’ve had plenty of scans before was never really pointed out all the well to us. 

After that we went back to the waiting room, then we were called through by another nurse to the treatment room.  She checked everything was in order in my file, then explained which meds I’d have and when I’d be taking them.  She was really nice and took lots of time to go over everything, and although I’ve done all the injections and things before for IUI it was nice to have someone refresh it all for me.  She did my first injection which was 225iu of Gonal F, then explained that I’d have another to do tonight, two tomorrow then one a day after that.  I also have to start taking Bureslin from Tuesday to top up my downregging meds, as they only last for 4 weeks and they need you down regging longer than that to make sure you don’t ovulate on your own.  I now have a new drug kit which contains my Gonal F injectors (have the pens this time rather than syringes, which is great as no more mixing up your own meds just simply set the dose, put the needle on and you’re good to go) alcohol wipes, a sharps bin (or junkie bucket as I’d taken to calling it when I was doing my heparin injections after my op) and my Burselin (or snuff as they call it as you squirt it up your nose!!)  This is my drug regime from today up until Friday when I go back for my scan;
Thursday – 225ul Gonal F in the morning, 225ul Gonal F in the evening (12 hours apart)
Friday - 225ul Gonal F in the morning, 225ul Gonal F in the evening (12 hours apart)
Saturday – 225ul Gonal F in the morning
Sunday - 225ul Gonal F in the morning
Monday - 225ul Gonal F in the morning
Tuesday - 225ul Gonal F in the morning, 1 sniff of snuff (lol) at 7am, 12pm, 6pm and 11pm
Wednesday - 225ul Gonal F in the morning, 1 sniff of snuff (lol) at 7am, 12pm, 6pm and 11pm
Thursday - 225ul Gonal F in the morning, 1 sniff of snuff (lol) at 7am, 12pm, 6pm and 11pm
Friday - 225ul Gonal F in the morning, 1 sniff of snuff (lol) at 7am, 12pm, 6pm and 11pm

As you can see it’s quite detailed and as I have infertility brain just now there is no way on earth I’d remember what to take when.  There is a Gonal F app, which I’ve downloaded to my iPod, where you can put in all your drugs and appointments and it sends you reminders and so far it’s been great and I’ve not missed anything.  I’d highly recommend it to anyone who has fertility treatment as it’s one less thing to stress about.

So far not been too much of an effect from the Gonal F, but I can feel my ovaries kicking into life again and it’s not the most pleasant thing in the world but here’s hoping it’s all worthwhile!

S x



No comments:

Post a Comment