Monday 9 July 2012

You learn something new every day!!

The support group on Thursday was really informative as we had the information about what a cycle of IVF involves straight from the horses mouth (so to speak)  Helen was really good at going through things and was open to any questions we had.  She also told us something I didn't realise - if you have a successful cycle of IVF(ICSI) and still have frozen embryos, I thought you'd have to pay privately to use them as current NHS funding is not available if you have a child.  However, Helen told us that if your cycle works and you have a baby, and are lucky enough to have some embies still frozen, you get another chance to use them up funded by the NHS (instead of injections you're given tablets for this, and it's only until you have another successful cycle)  So there you go, just when you thought you knew everything about treatment you learn something new!! lol

Friday was my second acupuncture session with Maureen, which I was strangely looking forward to.  I'd had a headache all day at work, so was hoping the session would help that too but sadly it didn't.  She asked if I was including all the foods she'd advised me to have and if I was taking the herbs she'd given me (which I am) and then did some more treatment to encourage blood flow to my uterus in preparation for starting treatment.  We worked out rough dates for when things "should" happen, so now I've got a bit more of a plan in my head of how things are going to progress after my next appointment.  For some strange reason I've developed a whopper of a bruise where the needle was in my tummy which I've never had before, but I'm sure it's fine as I do tend to bruise easily most of the time.

Now it's just a case of waiting around until my next acupuncture session on 19th July, then it's back to the hospital on 21st for my pro-stap injection and the start of our next roller-coaster ride!!

S x

1 comment:

  1. Who is Helen is it Helen Walton from GRI? If so gutted I wasnt there! xx

    ReplyDelete