Monday 29 August 2011

Another phone call about IUI

We finally received our letter from the FC confirming that we're top of the list for IUI.  The joy was short lived though because it said on it that they wanted another SA from hubby before starting treatment.  The letter said I had to call to discuss it further, but I couldn't call until today as the letter came in on Saturday.

So, I called the clinic today and spoke to the nurse.  When I had my bloods done the nurse said if hubby's last SA was within a year then they wouldn't need another, but when I asked about that the nurse told me that as hubby's samples are so variable (he's had one good and three bad), they want to do another one before starting treatment.  However, if the sample is the same as three out of the four he's already done, then they won't go ahead with treatment.  I really thought this was our first step to getting help to have a baby, but looks as though it could all be snatched away from us again.

The sensible part of me knows that it would be silly to undergo treatment when there isn't much chance of it working, but as anyone who has been TTC a long time will tell you - I'd do anything even if there was only a half a percent chance of it working.

So, from being so excited and positive about starting treatment, now we don't know if we will be starting at all.  Hubby is putting in a sample on Thursday and I've to call the nurses that afternoon.

One way or another, we'll know on Thursday afternoon if we can have IUI or if we need to continue our seemingly never ending wait to have a baby.

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment